AARP Tax Aide
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers, trained in cooperation with the IRS, will help low to moderate income taxpayers, especially those 60 and older, to prepare IRS and Michigan taxes in the Troy Community Center each Friday thru April 15, 2016. Appointments must
be made at the Friends of Troy Seniors (FOTS) desk or by calling the FOTS office at 248.526.2608. Hours: 10 am - 1 pm, Monday through Friday. When you make your appointment, please let us know if you need special assistance.
Each taxpayer must bring the following (We may not be able to do your taxes if these are missing):
• A Social Security card for all persons on the tax return (including deceased spouse pensioners)
• Picture ID (driver’s license, passport etc.) for taxpayer and spouse
• A copy of all prepared tax returns filed for 2014.
• All forms you have received for the 2015 tax year. Examples are: W-2, SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit, 1099-INT Bank Interest, 1099-DIV Dividends, 1099-B Sale of Securities (with original purchase price of sold assets), 1099-R Income from Retirement
Plans, IRA Distributions, Pensions, etc., 1099-OID and any 1095-B or 1095-C Affordable Care Act Marketplace forms.
• All other income statements: 1099-MISC, 1099-G, W-2G, etc.
• Any letters from the IRS or State of Michigan Treasury that you received in 2015
• Your bill for 2015 property taxes or total rent receipts and heating bills for your residence
• Receipts for hospitalization insurance you paid including Medicare D (You do not need receipts for medicines or lists of medicines purchased unless you itemized previously or will itemize this year.)
Telephone assistance is NOT available. If you are homebound have someone bring your files in. In all cases, you and your spouse must be available to sign the forms.