What are the Requirements for Joining the Troy Fire Department as a Volunteer Firefighter?
The requirements for submitting an application for volunteer membership within the Troy Fire Department include:
- Live or work within a three (3) mile radius of a Troy Fire Station
- Must provide written permission from the employer to leave work to respond to incidents
- Complete the on-line volunteer firefighter application form
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license
- Submit to a criminal history and driving record background check
- Submit to one or more oral interviews
- Submit to a medical examination
- Submit to a physical agility test
How can I get more Information about the Troy Fire Department?
Contact the Administrative Offices at:
Troy Fire Department
500 West Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084
E-mail the secretary at: S.Shepherd@troymi.gov and enter Information Request in the subject line
Please include a brief description of the information being requested along with your name, address, phone number and e-mail.